On 28/04/2016 09:15, mjollni...@laposte.net wrote:

> The question is, how do we enforce the rules with the greatest
> efficiency possible.

Unfortunately, interoperability is strictly related to the user
behaviour, and should become a topic for students in schools. Users
should learn how to create interoperable documents, not only related to
fonts but also to other document elements.

> In my opinion, an automatic reply of the administration ingoing email
> platform would be the best solution. It would reply automatically to
> anyone who sends an email with a transitionnal OOXML attached. This
> email would be written very carefully whith information about IGR v2,
> about the 2 versions of OOXML and about what are the best practices
> to communicate with a french administration (ODF).

This could educate users, over the very long term (as most users will
completely ignore the remark).

> Therefore is the following question : What is the easiest way to know
> wether a file is written in strict OOXML or not ?

I am investigating the issue myself, as I will talk to an audience of
public administration employees in Italy in two weeks, and I will have
to cover the topic.

> Or maybe just checking if a single file exists or not would tell us
> if the file is strict or transitionnal ?

For sure, MS Office 2013 used to have huge problems in handling OOXML
Strict: http://www.italovignoli.org/2014/02/redmond-we-have-a-problem/.

Microsoft answer on the topic is that I did something wrong as a user,
because I created some content before saving the OOXML Strict, while MS
Office defaults to OOXML Transitional when you enter contents (so, you
cannot save as OOXML Strict a document with contents).

By the way, this was scrutinized by the UK Cabinet Office.

mobile +39.348.5653829 - email / jabber it...@libreoffice.org
hangout / jabber italo.vign...@gmail.com - skype italovignoli
GPG Key ID - 0xAAB8D5C0