Hi Charles,

charles.sch...@documentfoundation.org>:

> Hello Manfred,
>
> Manfred A. Reiter <ma.rei...@gmail.com> @ 2016-08-14 08:33 CEST:
>
> > Hi Robert, Marc, *,
> >
> > maybe someone remembers me. ;-)
>
> Yes, I remember you quite well :-) . For everybody else here, Manfred is
> one of the oldest OpenOffice.org contributor and member (founder?) of the
> German community. So this brings us back somewhere around 2000 or 2001 if
> I'm not mistaken.

yes, the "good old times" ;-)

> It's great to read you here!

I'm only lurking here, because I am very engaded at OpenStreetMap.

> Now, your proposal is also quite interesting;

Yes, uMap <https://umap.openstreetmap.fr/en/> is really a very nice
(French) FOSS <https://github.com/umap-project/umap/> product. ;-)
You don't have to install it.

Everyone can use it directly online on our official subdomain
*https://umap.openstreetmap.fr/en/
<https://umap.openstreetmap.fr/en/> *as a service,  even in different
languages.

> may I suggest that you and
> Robert G. here post your ideas to the website list? Otherwise no one will
> pick it up and put the contributors' map on our infrastructure...

I think, Robert has choosen another way and he likes to host the map on his
own server.

> Thank you,

It was a pleasure to have a contact albeit via email.

> Charles.

[...]

cheers
and best regards to a great community! ;-)

--
## Manfred Reiter - -
## www.weeklyOSM.eu