Heath,

I've been trying version 2.1 for the last 2 days. I did unlock the Authoxy
preferences file and haven't had the problem with the user ID and password
reset, like what was happening with 2.0. So, so far, so good!

However, I did try the automatic proxy configuration yesterday. Toward the
end of the day, I did switch it to the static address of the proxy server.
All the time I was using the automatic proxy configuration, pages from
various sites were taking forever to load, most of the time resulting in a
time-out. Everything was really slow. I don't know if I can be more helpful,
Heath, but just ask if you need something and I'll try to provide it to you.

For the time being, however, I will remain with the static address,
unfortunately.

Do you have any idea about what it could be? Anybody else notice a slow down
when using auto proxy configuration as opposed to using the server static
address?

-Laurent.
Logiciels Nemesys Software               mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

flamage /flay'm*j/ n.: [very common] Flaming verbiage, esp. high-noise,
low-signal postings to Usenet or other electronic fora. Often in the phrase
`the usual flamage'. `Flaming' is the act itself; `flamage' the content; a
`flame' is a single flaming message. See flame, also dahmum.