From: Diane Hayes [mailto:diane.ha...@infatech.co.nz]
Sent: Wednesday, January 25, 2012 6:39 PM
To: discuss@hrsoftworks.net
Subject: [discuss] Authoxy Issues in a Mac environment

Hi There,

We are trialling Authoxy at a local primary school and I am having a few issues
getting it running properly. I was wondering if you had any ideas on what I'm
doing wrong.

The school is running MacBooks and MacBook Pro's with 10.6.8 and Authoxy 3.6.
We are trying to use it to get around the Proxy issues we are having with
Google Calendar and when Authoxy runs it works great.

Some of my teachers are not running administrator accounts and when I put
startAuthoxy into the startup items and then run it, I get an error stating
that the user is not permitted to perform that action. When I check in the
System Preferences Authoxy appears to be running, but isn't working as
expected. The teachers who are administrators have no problem. Manually
starting Authoxy after startup works fine.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Let me know there are any questions about
our setup.

Kind Regards

Diane Hayes
Senior Macintosh Network Administrator