Maybe something like:

$('.colorPick').change(function() {
        $(this).parent().parent().addClass('assigned');
});

where colorPick is the class assigned to your select menu.

You could also use:

$('.colorPick').change(function() {
        $(this).parents('tr').addClass('assigned');
});

but my gut tells me that's not quite as efficient, as it will look
for 'tr' elements all the way up to the top of the DOM tree.

Seb