On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 2:13 AM, David Cramer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I was using utf8_general. I'm swapping to utf8_bin to attempt to fix
> it, but binary encodings cause problems as well with unique indexes or
> something similar (can't remember what my test case was from Curse).
>
> On Jul 22, 12:59 am, David Cramer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > SELECT * FROM `spider_discoveredlink` WHERE
> > `spider_discoveredlink`.`url` = BINARY 'http://www.starcraft.org/maps/
> > scums/multiplayerums/multiplayerrpg/Shinhwa+2008';
> >
> > is NOT the same as
> >
> > SELECT * FROM `spider_discoveredlink` WHERE
> > `spider_discoveredlink`.`url` = 'http://www.starcraft.org/maps/scums/
> > multiplayerums/multiplayerrpg/Shinhwa+2008';
> >
> > Just FYI, you are breaking all of my queries :)

This topic would seem better suited to django-users, since you are not
discussing developing django, but using it.  You are also not really
providing enough information to help you.  I do not know which of those
queries you actually want, what Django lookup methods you have tried to
achieve the results you are looking for, etc.  If you follow up on
django-users with specifics of what Django code you are running, what
results you were hoping for and what you are seeing instead, someone might
be able to suggest something.

Karen