On 8/26/07, bsdlogical <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I can't figure out how to use Django's management code to spawn a
> runserver process without calling ./django-admin.py first. I also
> can't
> figure out how to resolve the double database issue. I've examined the
> patch in #2879 and the explanations in #2867, but I've been unable to
> recreate their steps.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions to point me in the right direction? I
> apologize for the long email, and hopefully I'm not missing anything
> fundamental.

You're not missing anything fundamental (at least, not that I am aware
of). The tickets you refer to were contributed a while back, but the
individual that contributed them disappeared before they were
complete. Handling selenium and other 'live server' tests is an issue
I'm certainly interested in addressing, but I've had other priorities
of late so I haven't looked at the problem seriously.

If you're just looking for a 'how do I make this work' set of
instructions, unfortunately there's not much I can offer at this
point.

However, if you're offering to dig in and help out, I would suggest
that you might want to look at Adrian's recently added
'django-admin.py testserver' command. That command performs a test
database setup similar to that used by the test framework, and then
invokes the runserver management command to run an server. There will
be some extra thread-spawning work required, but that should give you
some idea of what should be possible.

Yours
Russ Magee %-)