Jessica Steel wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am an Australian who would like to be a volunteer. I have a Bachelor
> in Writing and I have
> just completed a Certificate in Technical Writing as well. I am now
> seeking to gain some work experience in technical writing with Apache.
>
> I have read through the Orientation Modules and subscribed to this
> mailing list. Any guidance or advice would be much appreciated.
>
> Regards,
>
> Jessica

Jessica;

Welcome to the OpenOffice documentation team. Currently we are working
on trying to get the introductory material and the Writers Guide
sections of the User Guide completed and released. To help with these
tasks you will need an account on our Media Wiki(Mwiki). To request an
account send an e-mail to this list requesting an Mwiki account an
include your preferred user name, e-mail address and one of our admins
will create it. In the mean time I would suggest you peruse the
following: https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Contribute.
Some of the information is a bit dated, but still much is useful.
Also you can peruse the user guide at
https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/UserGuide to see how it
is organized and what you might like to start on.

Once your account is done and you are ready to start working, come back
to the list and let us know and we will get you started.

Again welcome and I look forward to working with you.

Regards
Keith McKenna