[BCC dev@ (really, this time)]

[orcmid]

I am still unclear on what it means to "shut down this effort."

Close the doc@ list?

What action do you have in mind that would result in a shut down?

Also, perhaps a broader request for assistance in documentation is called for.
This might go with the adjustments just made to the download page.  And there
are lists (and the Community Forum) where power users might be encouraged to
contribute to documentation on the wiki.

The nice thing about the documentation is that there is always room for
additions and improvements. Whatever there is at the moment is what there is.
Positive effort is not wasted.