To: <docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: Thursday, January 21, 2010 6:14 PM
Subject: [docbook-apps] Formatting an Inline Graphic in a List

Hello,

I am having difficulty getting an inline graphic to render nicely in the
first line of a list when generating a PDF through FOP 0.95. The graphic is slightly higher than the font height, so I get something akin to this ASCII
art example:

1. Everything is going fine

2.                     -
  My graphic is here |_|, see what I mean?

3. Back to normal

I read http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/InlineGraphics.html, but there are
some listitems that contain graphics that aren't inlined, so
line-stacking-strategy can't be set to font-height.

I think that I want to align the base of the the <fo:list-item-label> to the
base of the first line of the <fo:list-item-body> (that seems the most
sensical to me in all use cases I could consider). The correct solution
seemed to be setting relative-align="baseline" in <fo:list-item>
(http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/REC-xsl-20011015/xslspec.html#relative-align),
but that didn't work... Then I saw FOP doesn't support it
(http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/compliance.html#fo-property-relative-alig
n).

Am I barking up the wrong tree and is there a more appropriate solution I
may have missed?

Thanks for any help or references,

Sam Fischmann