Hello Jean

Em 18/11/2016 08:11, Jean Weber escreveu:
> I have updated (and slightly revised) Chapter 4, Getting Started with
> Writer, and put it here:
>
> http://www.odfauthors.org/libreoffice/english/getting-started/draft-lo-5.2/gs5-2-ch4-writer/view
>
> --Jean

I have reviewed your chapter and added some contents in document
classification. I put it in the same Draft folder.

Some remarks on formatting
I am interested to get a minimal HTML readable copy of the contents of
all guides [1]. So far editing in LibreOffice and exporting (not saving
as) XHTML does seem to be promising way to get it, but it requires some
style changes and also some manual changes in the source files (odt).

* HTML does not like tab character at all. It is visible in author's
list on each chapter and on general lists.
- The Author's list tabs can be moved into a table with no borders
- The bullet or numbered lists must be inspected and, the tab character
automatically inserted after the bullet or number, must be replaced by a
space. Even better, use a list style to handle this setting.

* Note, Warning and Tip bullets are swallowed by the export.
- I need to find a way to recover or get workaround.

* Images: The XHTML export does not handle graphics, OLE objects or
drawings. Only images.
- I changed these drawings into images
- A side benefit is that the images don't depend on the settings of the
source computer (fonts, backgrounds, etc....)
- I saved the original drawings into a separate Draw document.

This is not an exhaustive list of issues. More to come later

[1] https://goo.gl/9kxZ74

Note for future on styles:
* Style names should be prefixed (e.g. TDF-Heading 1, TDF-Heading 2, TDF
Default)
* Avoid using automatic styles
* get a style for numbered list and for bullet lists.

Kind regards

--
Olivier Hallot
LIbreOffice Documentation Coordinator