Welcome Matthew

Your skills in LibreOffice are indeed important to our community and you
will find a lot to do.

We have a set of guides that need to be updated. These guides are edited
in Writer with our best practices (e.g. styles, master documents, etc...)

We can start in 2 directions

one, is to update our introductory text "Getting Started" from version
5.2 (almost done) to version 5.3 (easy to medium difficulty).

The second is to take one of our module guide (e.g. spreadsheet book)
and update to version 5.3, requiring quite deep knowledge in the module
software (medium to hard difficulty).

To get the guides and have a glimpse on how they actually look like
please get any of them in the documentation website at

http://documentation.libreoffice.org/en/

and let me know your prefered project.

Kind regards

Olivier