Hi Andrea,

The humorous answer to your question is; Yes, too many ;)

Like most other aspects of open source projects, the documentation team
does not allocate tasks to contributors, we endeavor make known the
tasks that need to be done and we each choose which of those tasks we
might wish to take on.

As mentioned previously, our current target is to produce the GS guide
for 6.0 and publish it around the same time as that version of the
software is released.

Since you have kindly offered to assist, you might consider taking a
chapter of the 5.2 Getting Started Guide, for the module (eg. Writer,
Calc, etc.) which you are familiar/comfortable with and update that
chapter for the new or changed features for that module in 6.0

All the team asks is that if you do choose to work on one of the GS
guide chapters, please send a little note to this list and let us know
which one. Not that we want to keep track of, or push for your
contribution, but it does help to avoid duplicated effort.

I don't know if you are familiar with our documentation methods and
workflow, but if not see here:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Development
To effectively work in the documentation development process, you will
need access to the ODF Authors website. If you don't already have a
log-in for ODF Authors, just ask here and someone with the necessary
karma will provide you with one.

If you could find the time, please join us at the next (August 2nd.)
on-line documentation meeting. Look out for Oliver's notice a day or two
before the meeting date. Previously the number of folks attending the
meetings have been pretty low (2 or 3). It would be great to have more
people join in, so that we get a wider, more diverse input from our
fellow contributors.

Many thanks for your interest and we would very much welcome your
assistance.

Best Regards
Dave