Hi Dave,
Le 29/07/2017 à 10:06, Dave a écrit :
> On the (US English) download page, inside the box for the chosen version
> it reads:
> <Q>
> LibreOffice 5.4.0 release notes
> Supplementary Downloads:
> Help for offline use: English (US) (Torrent, Info)
> need another language?
> </Q>
> The installer file for the off-line/local help facility, is offered as
> "Supplementary" (additional) to the main installation file, because it
> is a convenience option, not an essential requirement to use the
> software.

In some countries it's a legal requirement to have the help files
alongside the software, that's why it's also available as a package, for
IT department to be able to install it together with the product.

 If the off-line help is not installed the software
> automatically attempts to provide the on-line equivalent in the user's
> web browser. If you have a suggestion for the "simple fix" rewording to
> convey this in a few words, we can put it forward to the website team.
> "Few words", because everything has to be translated into many
> (https://www.libreoffice.org/community/nlc/) languages, by our
> (overworked) translation volunteers.

Yes, but to be exact, NLPs doesn't translate the exact content, it's up
to them to translate what they want and adapt it to their language.

> Oliver was not suggesting the wiki is not a good source of information.
> The wiki content has been built up over a number of years and in some
> areas it would benefit from a bit of housekeeping. As with all things in
> open source software, there is always much more work to be done than
> there are hands to do it.
>
> You seem to be looking for some kind of single reference source that
> will inform people about everything within the complex structure of this
> fairly large project. Can you give some indication as to what level of
> detail and what audience(s) such a source should cater for. Maybe
> something suitable could be drafted and put forward as an overview for
> the "Get Involved" page:
> https://www.libreoffice.org/community/get-involved/
>
> You might have misinterpreted Sophie's post. Pootle is not exclusively
> related to the online version of the software, it is a
> tool/facility/service used by the translators for many aspects of the
> software.

Yes :) thanks for the clarifications
Cheers
Sophie