On 08/19/2017 02:50 PM, Kenneth Hanson wrote:

> 2. Should existing files be renamed to reflect the LO version, the version of
> the document, etc.?

Documentation needs to instantly indicate which specific version of LibO
it was written for. It isn't uncommon to come across features that work
in the beta/pre-release version, but don't work in the released version,
and vice-versus.

> 3. Is there a valid reason to host PDFs from OOo and other sites locally?

Link-rot.

If the document is current enough to be listed as documentation, then
hosting it on the LibO site is usually the most reliable way of ensuring
that the documentation is available to the potential user.

> 4. Should old tutorials and how-tos be discarded if current user guides
> essentially cover the topic?

Archive, rather than discard the material.

I'd suggest archiving Tutorials, How-Tos, Documentation etc, by major
release number:
* OOo 1.x;
* OOo 2.x;
* OOo 3.x;
* LibO 3.x;
* LibO 4.x;
* LibO 5.x;
* LibO 6.x;

I'm listing OOo, specifically because there are a couple of
How-Tos/Tutorials/Documentation for them, which, AFAICT, has not yet
been updated.

jonathon