As I recently stated in another context, I normally run with a
"double-width" taskbar.  I have program buttons on the top row of the
taskbar and a full length DQSD on the second row.

I've been achieving this by first installing DQSD with the task bar
"single-width".  As I'm sure everyone knows this places DQSD at the
right end of the taskbar. I then drag the edge of the taskbar to make
the taskbar "double-width".  DQSD also expands to
"double-width".  Finally I drag the handle, line, whatever it is
called at the left end of DQSD to position DQSD below the program
icons at which point DQSD shrinks to "single width".

Paying close attention today, I've discovered that I apparently drag
DQSD onto the very bottom edge of the taskbar to position it where I want it.

The point of all this is that I can do the above repeatedly with
4.0.0.3, but cannot find a way to drag 4.0.0.4 to the second row of
the taskbar.

For whatever it's worth, I'm running XP Home with SP3.

I usually have my taskbar at the top rather than bottom of the
screen, but that doesn't appear to be relevant to this issue.

Bob Coleman