Sarah,

There are a number of ways, perhaps the handiest is using the Quick
Search Frequency Tool (qsfreq.xml). However this is not enabled by
default, you must add 'qsfreqLogSearchFrequency = 1' to your
localprefs.js file. Once you have a log built up you can use qsfreq
with the /disable_unused switch to disable all searches not recorded
in the frequency log.

Arguably the best (though it requires some legwork) is Monty's Search
Disabler - linked at http://www.dqsd.net/contrib/index.html - I use
this myself.

Good luck,

Tom.