Another possibility is some sort of standalone application that could be
hot-key activated (that's fairly straightforward), and have a small
window that could be "parked" down in the lower corner of desktop. But a
Vista/Win7 Gadget is probably a more obvious fit, though would impose
more limitations on what it could do in terms of popping up additional
windows, etc.

I'm afraid I'm fully committed to Win7 at this point, even though it has
meant no DQSD for me. It wasn't an easy choice, I can tell you. I do
have DQSD loaded in my "Windows XP Mode" virtual machine on Win7, but
that's not all that helpful when I use applications there in RAIL mode.

Charlie.

That's