On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 7:15 PM, Alan Cox <a...@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk> wrote:
>> So after much tracing with direct netconsole writes (printks
>> under console_lock not so useful), I think I found the race.
>
> Direct netconsole write would be a useful patch to have mainline I think
> 8)

Well I used a one line wrapper around the netconsole write_msg, which
just passed
NULL as the first arg, then sprinkled netconsole_write_msg around the
place, not having
printf stuff could be an annoyance for some people, for this it didn't matter.

Peter I wish I had a serial port to work with :-)

> Not really the proper fix but its clear and is probably the best thing to
> go in initially with a cc: stable. Can you at least stick a large
>
> + /* FIXME: we should sort out the unbind locking instead */

Done, and cc stable, I'll send this to Linus via my tree as its fairly
urgent from my pov.

Dave.