Hi,

For the release of DSpace 1.8.0 I have rewritten the back end of discovery
to make it more logical for developers (Sidebarfacets are set with a
separate transformer instead of transformers inheriting from this one, ...).
With the discovery back end rewrite I have also made a new option available,
a developer can now plug in his own back end for searching instead of the
default solr.

So any developer familiar with discovery may always review this JIRA task:
https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/DSCR-22.

The documentation included in the JIRA task can also be found on the DSpace
wiki at the following location:
https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSPACE/DSpace+Discovery#DSpaceDiscovery-DiscoveryinDSPace1.8.0

Kind regards,

Kevin Van de Velde
@mire
Esperantolaan 4 - 3001 Heverlee - Belgium
2888 Loker Avenue East, Suite 305 - Carlsbad, CA 92010 - USA
atmire.com - Institutional Repository Solutions