Someone has pointed out recently that for DXCC requirements, you could get
by with 9 QSO's which would cover 160 through 10 meters. You only need one
QSO each on CW, SSB and RTTY, so you could either fit them in amongst your
9 QSO's, or make a total of 11 QSO's to satisfy DXCC requirements.

The Leaderboards seem to be the things that are inspiring people to make 27
QSO's with the DX. I'm sure some of these stations that are coming out on
top of the leadeboards have worked some of these stations previously on
some of those band/modes, so it becomes mostly a thing of greed and ego.

73, Zack W9SZ