  From: Zack Widup
  To: dx-chat
  Sent: Tuesday, June 05, 2012 10:59 PM
  Subject: Re: [DX-CHAT] Leaderboards - good or bad?

  Someone has pointed out recently that for DXCC requirements, you could get by
with 9 QSO's which would cover 160 through 10 meters. You only need one QSO
each on CW, SSB and RTTY, so you could either fit them in amongst your 9 QSO's,
or make a total of 11 QSO's to satisfy DXCC requirements.

  The Leaderboards seem to be the things that are inspiring people to make 27
QSO's with the DX. I'm sure some of these stations that are coming out on top
of the leadeboards have worked some of these stations previously on some of
those band/modes, so it becomes mostly a thing of greed and ego.

  73, Zack W9SZ