Yes, I'm sure small pileups would develop occasionally to work some
station. But without DXCC, I doubt anyone would be risking their lives and
spending a fortune to go to places like Peter I or South Sandwich Islands.
And a QSO with someone in a European country would have equal weight with a
QSO with someone in Yemen.

I'm sure there would be people who wanted to work as many countries as they
could on all bands and modes. But I'm willing to bet the number would be
much smaller.

But that's not the way it is and I guess we just need to live with the
existing situation.

73, Zack W9SZ