How many of you are wanting this ability?

For those that do, EXACTLY how are you indicating the "long" call in the Notes
field?  And which Notes field (QSO or Call Notes)?

I think it should be fairly simple to automate the editing of the ADIF file if
the "long" name in the Notes field is consistent so a program could look for it
and then change the corresponding <CALL:x>shortcall to <CALL:y>longcall.

Going the other way (ADIF -> DX4WIN to set the LoTW Cnfm flag) would be more of
a challenge but possible.

If you are interested in one or both programs, let me know.  If there is enough
interest, I will see what I can come up with.

73,
Lee  N7NU

On 06-Mar-17 12:55, w...@att.net wrote:

> Specifically, the "Notes for this QSO" notes.  That way you can keep
> track of all the call changes separately, i.e.
>
> VE100VIMY/VE#
> VE100VIMY/VO#
> VE100VIMY/VY#

For those of us who upload to LoTW, however, you're going to have to
edit the ADI file for these and any other incomplete entries (> 12
chars) in order to have a QSO match, otherwise there will likely be no
QSL (I am assuming the logs will not match unless there is a full
callsign match - correct me if I'm wrong, please).

This is what it should look like:

Any line that contains  <CALL:9>VE100VIMY has to be edited to
<CALL:13>VE100VIMY/XXX where XXX has to obviously be the suffix of the
worked station, i.e. VE1, VY0, etc.

Once there's a match in the LoTW, you'll then have to check the LoTW
Cnfm box for the relevant QSO in the log manually. All this goes for any
other callsign longer than 12 characters.

Convoluted, but the only workaround for LoTW and any other electronic
file upload/download, until Paul expands the Callsign entry field beyond
12 characters. With the proliferation of such calls in recent years,
this seems a must.

73,

Zoran WA7AA

!SIG:58bdd466192451957511090!