Finally, I will mention that I'm running Windows 10, but I'm not sure if that is a factor here.

73,
David
On 4/13/2017 1:09 AM, wa4b wrote:
David, Thanks. I am running Windows 7. I did not install any USB driver on my computer. Yes it was transceive that I turned off on the Icom 7600. The program does change the mode (CW USB LSB) but it doesn't change the radio's frequency. I think that everything would work if my Icom was not sending the frequency to the program. It acts as though I have the radio transceive turned on. Let me know if you need any additional information. Thanks

-------- Original message --------
From: "David Kozinn, K2DBK" <k2...@arrl.net>
Date: 4/12/17 9:02 PM (GMT-05:00)
To: Steve Barber <w...@arrl.net>, dx4win@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Dx4win] Can not get DX spots to talk to radio

Hi Steve,

Can you provide more details about the new configuration? It sounds like
D4W is seeing the frequency information so however you've got it hooked
up at least it's able to read that.. Are you using the USB adapter for
CI-V control? Assuming so since you said you turned translate (I think
you meant transceive) off. Did you install the USB drivers before you
connected? The documentation warns about doing that, but I don't know
specifically what happens if you connect without the drivers being in
place first.

I guess the other things to check would be to make sure that when you
transferred over to the new computer that the setup in Preferences for
the radio match what you've got configured, in particular the port and
baud rate settings. (Although if you're getting frequency information,
it would seem less likely that's an issue.)

73,

David, K2DBK

On 4/12/2017 8:29 PM, Steve Barber wrote:
> I am not able to get the DX4WIN program to transfer the spot frequency to my Icom 7600. I changed from a windows XP computer that was working fine but the frequency that is displayed on the Icom 7600 always shows up in the program's frequency window. I turned the CIV Translate off to no avail. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks, Steve - WA4B

73,
David, K2DBK
http://k2dbk.blogspot.com
http://k2dbk.com