There is no need to track bands in IOTA award. It is given only in mixed mode. When you ask for an IOTA report, you will check only mixed mode (band and mode should be unchecked). The same when you apply: You need to put an S or C in Mixed mode only

73 Kostas SV1DPI

On 22/6/2017 12:12, Alan Zack wrote:

      On Mon, Mar 27, 2017 at 1:08 PM, Thomas, DL1AMQ wrote:

      > By using ClubLog's „paperless“procedure I got accepted nearly 400
different IOTA groups, including IOTA contest QSOs,
      I never had a QSL for. Changing IOTA award status in log for each
accepted QSO from „---“ into „C“ is consuming much time.
      Is there a more comfortable way ?

      > I would like to use the CSV file, downloaded from RSGBIOTA.org, doing
that for me.
      > Any hints how to proceed ?

--- snip ---
Solution: That exactly is, what Lee Hallin, N7NU, has done. He kindly offered me to use my downloaded .CSV file for changing IOTA award flag (Mixed) in .DXQ file. After importing the updated .DXQ file into my .DXL log file, there were confirmed 741 IOTA group numbers out of 752, I had applicated for. Remaining 11 IOTA group numbers I have updated by hand. It took minutes only, instead of hours or days before. The main reason for import fault in case of remaining 11 IOTA QSOs seams to are callsign changings made by IOTA application process, such as IK2DUW/1 (application) => I1/IK2DUW (accepted) ore date/time differences. I'm really lucky with obtained result and THANK OM Lee so much for the effort he has done to help a satisfied DX4Win user. May be, his solution is applicable for other user and other award flags also. 73 de Thomas, DL1AMQ
K7ACZ wrote:

This is something I am interested in also having almost 500 IOTA's confirmed by
RSGB/IOTA program.

  I am confused by your term: changing IOTA award flag (Mixed).
Do you mean the AWARDS flags in the main QSO window that you see by hitting F5
until the window is fully open?
If so I don't see how that will accomplish the desired results.

Example: I worked FO/HA9RE/P on OC-131 in 2006 on 20 mtr CW. When I received
his QSL I go to that QSO and changed the QSL status from M to Y. This changes
the status in the IOTA sub window also from M to C. This tells me I have OC131
confirmed by DX4WIN but not by RSGB/IOTA. So then submit my cards, IOTA Contest
log, etc, to RSGB. I get a report back from them showing what IOTA's they have
given me credit for. So to use my example of FO/HA9RE/P on OC-131 the RSGB
report shows I have credit for that QSO. Then, if I desire, I must go to
FO/HA9RE/P in my DX4WIN log and manually place a C in the IOTA Mixed column. OK
so far. But years later I work TX5EG on OC-131 on 15 mtrs SSB. When I log TX5EG
the award flag does not show that I have OC-131 already credited by RSGB/IOTA
because it is a different band.

Another example, I work JA1ABC on ten different bands/modes (easy to do with JA
contesters) and he sends me a QSL for a 20 mtr CW QSO. I submit his QSL to my
IOTA card checker and I am given credit for IOTA AS-007 Honshu Isld. So let us
say I place a C in the IOTA Mixed AWARDS flag box for that QSO entry. That
shows I have that one QSO with JA1ABC confirmed for IOTA. But any other QSO’s
with JA1ABC on a different band, past or future, will not have the IOTA Award
flag marked as C. So setting the IOTA Award flag for one QSO is of no help to
me. Rather I look at the IOTA sub window. There it will show what bands/modes I
have AS-007 marked as C. This is very good info for me. It tells me if I need a
QSL for AS-007. BUT, it does NOT tell me if I have credit with the RSGB/IOTA
awards people. That info can only be found on their web site and on the .cvs
file from their website.

One thing to consider is RSGB/IOTA only wants/needs one confirmed QSO for IOTA
credit. There is no extra credit for new bands or modes. So I see no way of
using the DX4WIN AWARDS flags to track your RSGB/IOTA credits.

A better way is to use the REPORTS> Awards=IOTA to track your IOTA's. But again
that only shows what IOTA's you have worked (W) or have confirmed (C) in your DX4WIN
log. I don't see any way of using the IOTA .cvs file to change the status from C to *
to tell you that IOTA has been credited by RGSB. In my thinking you have to print out
your My accepted all band QSOs listing from the RGSB/IOTA website and manually set
the flags in the REPORTS> Awards=IOTA to * to show the IOTA is confirmed by RSGB.
I don't see how your .csv file can do this except to use it to manually set the flag
from C to *

All I do is I print out my WANTED REFERENCE NUMBERS listing from my IOTA
account and use it as a check list like the old DUPE cheat sheets we had to use
before computer logging to see if I need an IOTA or not.

Alan, K7ACZ