I took a close look at this and found the following.

There is no email on the site, no names or anyway you can establish who is
behind it.

No indication of where 'the gold' is.  Just says  in an 'offshore bank'

The osgold  site has their own e-gold account number which is:
273002.

I opened a test account with osgold and attempted a spend from one of my
e-gold accounts of 50 cents.

The transaction went through as there was a 50cent deduction from my e-gold
account.

It did not appear in the osgold account and an error message came up
encouraging me to 'try again'

When I saw that I rolled on the floor laughing.

I then went to their support page which has a feedback form on and filled
that out with the complaint that my 50 cents had disappeared.

I got an auto responder come back from a [EMAIL PROTECTED] which I located
came from Malaysia  (It may be from elsewhere of course and bounced).

My conclusion from this,

1)  Is that osgold is an attempt to collect spends from e-gold accounts.
There is no apparent way you can spend the osgold to any merchants, only to
other osgold account which I imagine would be very few.

2) Looks like osgold is piggy backing off e-gold.  e-gold might want to have
a look at that.  Osgold is not professing to be a market maker but an
'e-gold' in its own right.

3)  I would steer clear  of Osgold until their bona fides can be established
if possible.

Kind regards,

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.gold-today.com
Sign up with e-gold today and get grams of e-gold here.
https://www.e-gold.com/newacct/newaccount.asp?cid=129542
subscribe to the gold-today discussion group at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/goldtoday