Michael,

For the sake of not missing any of your points, I included
your
text along with my replies in ( )

There is no email on the site, no names or anyway you can
establish who is
behind it.

(On the front page, it lists the two corporations behind it.
More contact
information will be added tomorrow, as the service just
launched)

No indication of where 'the gold' is.  Just says  in an
'offshore bank'
(There are two banks involved, one in Panama, where the
company home
office is, and another in Latvia)

The osgold  site has their own e-gold account number which
is:
273002.

I opened a test account with osgold and attempted a spend
from one of my
e-gold accounts of 50 cents.

The transaction went through as there was a 50cent deduction
from my e-gold
account.

It did not appear in the osgold account and an error message
came up
encouraging me to 'try again'

When I saw that I rolled on the floor laughing.

(Our technicians are working on this difficulty.  99% of
transactions have gone
through and credited the customer's account. The 1% that have
not have been
credited to a customer's account within 16 hours)

I then went to their support page which has a feedback form
on and filled
that out with the complaint that my 50 cents had disappeared.

I got an auto responder come back from a [EMAIL PROTECTED]
which I located
came from Malaysia  (It may be from elsewhere of course and
bounced).

(The server is in Malaysia)

My conclusion from this,

1)  Is that osgold is an attempt to collect spends from
e-gold accounts.
There is no apparent way you can spend the osgold to any
merchants, only to
other osgold account which I imagine would be very few.

(You would be VERY wrong on this statement, as in the last 24
hours, over 2200
new accounts have been created.  When e-gold first launched,
I don't remember
seeing a list of merchants waiting to accept e-gold as
payment either.  We have
actually already set up several service providers who will
accept OSGold for payment.
The site just launched, and these things take time.)

2) Looks like osgold is piggy backing off e-gold.  e-gold
might want to have
a look at that.  Osgold is not professing to be a market
maker but an
'e-gold' in its own right.

(OSGold is a clear alternative to e-gold.  We do not wish to
"piggyback" off of
anyone.  We merely provide e-gold exchange as a benefit to
our customers, much
the same way many offshore banks now do the same.  many of
the market makers,
whether approved by e-gold or private, are now accepting
exchanges from different
payment alternatives.)

(It actually amazes me that one would suggest that e-gold
might want to have a look
into what we are doing.  By all means, everyone should have a
look.  But, the mere
statement you made does imply a certain impropriety on our
part, which is unfounded.
E-Gold provides payment services.  OSgold is just one step in
a whole suite of services
which will be offered to the public over the next several
months.)

3)  I would steer clear  of Osgold until their bona fides can
be established
if possible.

(Bona fides can, and will, be established.  Like I said
befre, the site is young, and just
launched officially yesterday.  There is much work still to
be done.  If a person would
feel better waiting until that work is done to create an
account with OSGold, then by
all means that is what they should do.)

I know what is in store for the future of One Groupe
International, but it takes time to
prove it and that is what will be done. We will prove it day
by day.

David