At 10:27 PM +1100 11/25/03, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>However a distributed DOS attack can be very sophisticated indeed.
>
>A ddos attack might very much NOT be a "script kiddie," but could be
>a "real" hacker - definitely.  A ddos attack could be mossad, or
>maybe just script kiddies.
>
>D-dos attacks are generally seen, I think, as scary and sophisticated.

You're right, I have no idea who it is or how much skill he/she has,
but I've heard there's now a "toolkit" for doing these things, so I do
have some suspicions.

Anyway, the important point is that it's hard to fight because it's
coming from lots of "legitimate" IP addresses which can not all be
blocked.
JMR