This is the email sent to all clients on server05, but to make sure, I'm
posting it here as well. After all, server05 is our 'gold' server :o)

Hello Everyone,

As most of you would have noticed, the web sites hosted on our Server 05
were not accessible since Sunday, but have been coming back online, one by
one, since last night. The total down time, accourding to internetseer.com
was: 3 days, 6 hours, 10 minutes, 45 seconds

For a venture of our size such a long down time did require substantial
resources and more than basic knowledge on the side of the attackers, who
were neither turned away nor fooled into directing their attacks at
another server instead, which is what most less sophisticated adversaries
often fall for. Instead, the attack was well planned and executed. Our
problem was that we had no way of telling how long the barrage would last,
nor how many waves there would be. had we known in advance, then we could
have changed the IP addresses much earlier, which would have brought your
site back up faster.

I expect that now you would like me to say, that we are better prepared
and notjing comparably will ever happen again. Unfortunately i can not
promise you that, as indeed nobody could. Large sites lite CNN, e-bay,
Amazon, WorldPay, and many others have repeatedly fallen victim to DDOS
attacks, and there is unfortunately no silver bullet. DDOS can affect
anyone, anywhere and anytime.
We have removed some of the sites we considered possible or likely targets
of the attack, and hope that that is sufficient to reasonably assure that
no further attacks afe directed at us - or you.

It is pretty clear to me that many of you have lost substantial business,
traffic, subscribers, money, much in the same way we did. There is no
excuse for the actions of the people who did it, and their likely
technical sophistication further degrades their actions. But,
unfortunately there is not much we can do about it, even though we have a
pretty good idea of who initiated it all and will try to take appropriate
action, accordingly.

Should for some reason your domain not resolve correctly yet, or should
you have problems receiving or sending email, please rest assured that
this is only due repeated DNS changes, and will resolve itself as the Name
space system updates itself the next time, world-wide.

During the attack we did reply to each email we received. If you did not
receive a reply, then we most likely did not receive your mail. If for any
reason you need to contact us and can not do so the normal way, please
always feel free to visit www.u2networks.com or www.cyfrocash.com and
submit support requests there.

Thank you for many mails of support and please feel free to forward this
message
to your clients if the need arises to show that you were not at fault for
the downtime.

Kind regards,

Robert B. Ziegler
Chmn. CF Group