Sidd wrote:
To put this into perspective though, consider the devastation of the USD. My interest is in New Zealand, where I reside for much of the time. The USD/NZD exchange rate on this day 2001 was 2.41663
<http://www.oanda.com/convert/classic>

Today the USD/NZD exchange rate is 1.54696

This shows an increase of 56% over the 2001 price.

Thus, I have been MUCH better off keeping my money in a NZ bank at an interest rate of 6.5% than I would have been if I had kept it in gold.

Can you recommend an NZ bank that accepts deposit accounts (preferably with VISA debit card) from "non-natives", offers that 6.5% rate, and doesn't soak you on conversion fees ?

Mike.

--- You are currently subscribed to e-gold-list as: [EMAIL PROTECTED] To unsubscribe send a blank email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Use e-gold's Secure Randomized Keyboard (SRK) when accessing your e-gold account(s) via the web and shopping cart interfaces to help thwart keystroke loggers and common viruses.