Kirby,

This is very well written appeal, but in this mailing list, you may be
preaching to the choir.  What I would like to see is a discussion of *why*
there is not more teaching of programming in high school.  I can't seem to get
an answer from the few high-school teachers and students I have asked. I
suspect it has something to do with requiring all kids to have their own
computers, not wanting the rich to have an advantage over the poor, etc.  I've
thought about teaching high school myself, but the bureaucracy seems
overwhelming.