> Unfortunately for me, I love Endian, but I think at some point I'm going to
> have to say enough is enough and move on to something else that is actually
> maintained.

I love Endian too and have used it for many years. I have also had customers
running happily on it for years. But the threats to security are increasing and
I'm afraid of using an outdated product any longer.

I've been trying a few of the firewalls listed on distrowatch.com, and the only
one that has impressed me so far is pfsense. It's clamav is a little behind,
(0.97.5) but I've read that the person responsible for maintaining that package
does a good job of keeping it up to date, however other packages that interface
with it have to be updated at the same time so it doesn’t happen too often.
It's gui is surprisingly fast, and there are a large amount of
packages/utilities to choose from.

You install the packages individually, which saves resources. (but don’t switch
away from the page until the install is complete!) It's openvpn settings are
different from EFW, and I have not been able to make it connect to a remote EFW
firewall as a client. I had to install openvpn on an Ubuntu server behind the
efw firewall. But that has a few benefits like the ability to use a newer
version of openvpn, control over its settings, and .

It's nice to have a firewall with a choice of 32bit or 64bit, that has the
ability to run well in a virtual machine, that is not abandoned, that uses a
more mainstream OS for support reasons, that has packages that can be updated,
that has a gui that is well tested, and that has more features I need.

IPFire came close, but I managed to create an openvpn entry that could not be
deleted later, and there were other gui anomalies. Vyatta is strictly command
line unless you pay a subscription, but I didn’t find this out until after I
installed it and enabled the gui. And Untangle would not run in a kvm VM on my
server for some reason. (maybe video related)

I think I've found a replacement in pfsense and have switched to it for a few
days now. Good luck to all of you.