I have both a K1 and a K2, David. Since you already have a KX1, the K1 is
only going to be another answer to the same question. They are different,
but their missions overlap. The K1 is a station rig that is at home in the
field. The KX1 is a field rig that works at home. I don't see any real
reason to have both.

I'd go for a "bare" K2. Bare, in that you don't have to get features you
don't care about, like SSB. But you will still have the same outstanding
receiver that all K2 owners enjoy, and the same clean CW signal. You will
also enjoy operating convenience you won't have with the KX1/K1 which is not
their purpose. And if your interests change, as is inevitable in this hobby,
you can stick with the K2 and expand it with factory options.

BTW, I don't think the K1 is more sensitive than the K2, but copying CW on
it is somehow more pleasant for me and I don't know why. I've even tried
them both on the same speaker, so it isn't that. At home, I prefer the K1
for casual ragchewing when signals are good and the bands aren't crowded,
but most of the time I use the K2 because of the operating convenience. I
also like the variable rate tuning that the K1 doesn't have.

Eric
KE6US