From: Elecraft [mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of G4GNX
Sent: Sunday, May 28, 2017 5:53 AM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [Elecraft] KPAIO3 modification - E740287

I'm in the process of upgrading our club's K3, new synth, DSP and a stack of
small mods.

I've come up against an issue that's causing me some confusion. The mod for
the KPAIO3 consist of a small electrolytic capacitor soldered to two pins on
the KPAIO3 module. I have two versions of instructions, one dated April 13
2016 - Revision A and the other dated August 10 2016 - Revision B. I presume
that Rev B supersedes Rev A, so I should follow Rev B?

The images on both sheets appear to show the KPAIO3A module, but describe
the KPAIO3 module, so I presume for the purpose of modding they're the same,
however the Negative lead of the new capacitor is shown going to different
points on the module, depending which instruction sheet is viewed and
looking at the trace layout on either, this doesn't make sense. Besides
that, the trace layout on the module that I have is different to both of the
paper descriptions.

Can anyone shed any light on this conundrum or know if any addendum has been
issued?

73,

Alan. G4GNX

delivered to r...@elecraft.com