Tom ...

I feel your pain but not your conclusion.  For me the post-loosening problem
was solved with Loctite Blue.  Since that didn't work for you, Loctite Red is
the next logical step.  If that doesn't work, JB Weld most certainly will.
Just a drop of either adhesive coating the entire shank of the screw(s) will
absolutely make that a permanent cure.  Carefully done, the fix is invisible.
Why Elecraft doesn't do it as a routine step in the manufacturing process I
don't know.

The KXPD2 is an excellent mini-paddle once the posts are permanently anchored.

73,

Kent  K9ZTV