I suggest you take some time to read the WSJTX documentation:
http://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/wsjtx-doc/wsjtx-main-1.7.0.html#INTRO
<http://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/wsjtx-doc/wsjtx-main-1.7.0.html#INTRO>

Here is a snippet which describes the main reason you should be using rig
control:

Split Operation: Significant advantages result from using Split mode (separate
VFOs for Rx and Tx) if your radio supports it. If it does not, WSJT-X can
emulate such behavior. Either method will result in a cleaner transmitted
signal, by keeping the Tx audio always in the range 1500 to 2000 Hz so that
audio harmonics cannot pass through the Tx sideband filter. Select Rig to use
the radio’s Split mode, or Fake It to have WSJT-X adjust the VFO frequency as
needed, when T/R switching occurs. Choose None if you do not wish to use split
operation.
The frequency list is blank by default.  You need to first select your region
in File, Settings, IARU Region.  That will populate the frequency list with
suggested frequencies.  You are free to edit them as well.

I also was never able to get it to work reliably with LPBridge, but since I
switched over to com0com along with Win4K3Suite it has been a pleasure to use.

73 de Sebastian, W4AS