I would expect 0 watts to be zero watts for all practical purposes.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to find out that 0 watts was very close to, but not exactly 0.

... and if your receiver is any good at all, picking up a signal that is for all practical purposes zero within 100 meters is kind of expected.

If you want to practice with the radio, get a 50 ohm dummy load. Even that is likely to be heard on your other receiver.

73, and welcome to the hobby!

-- Lynn