Tom:

Yes, I am using the KX2 USB cable and it shows up on COM7 in my PC and yes,
the 3.5mm plug is in the ACC jack on the radio.

I was re-reading the thread and noticed that earlier in the thread KN3ILZ
outlined the steps to configure. Your response of only USB in the Serial
Port drop-down indicates that WSJT-X doesn't see the KX2 USB cable. I had
this happen to me until I realized that I still had the KX2 utility app
running. It had the com port. Once I shut that down the com port was freed
and COM7 showed up in the Serial Port drop-down in WSJT-X. Is the KX2
utility app still running on your PC?

On the File\Settings\Radio tab I have selected the rig as Elecraft K3/KX3
the serial port as COM7 and my PTT Method is CAT, not VOX.

As KN3ILZ said, click the Test CAT button and if it turns green it's
configured properly.

I have the jumpers and cables for the SignaLink USB to KX2 as well. I've
just never used them. If this hasn't solved the problem I can try it out
with my SignaLink USB when I get home.

73,

Tim
KA9EAK