Loctite 425 appears to be the only one they recommend for metal to plastic.
It is Cyanoacrylate based. It may not be that much different from the plain
old CA glue you used, except it is a pretty Loctite blue!

http://www.na.henkel-adhesives.com/product-search-1554.htm?nodeid=8797887234049

73,

Mark
W7MLG