My K3S does show the voltage and current on its display. In receive it nominally is 13.8 volts and 1.05 amps. For transmit, CW mode key closed 100 watts output the current is 18.5 amps. Both of these values concur with my power supply metering.

I've experienced no shut down while operating JT-65 or more recently FT-8. For JT-65 I normally set the PWR to 50 watts. For FT-8, being a shorter transmit time, although duty cycle is the same as JT-65 or about 50%, I do sometimes run 100 watts. More often I find 25 to50 watts to be most adequate.

73

Bob, K4TAX

K3S s/n 10163