Hi,

I'm looking for a way to pipe the HTML of a page open in ELinks to
another application without having to re-download the page.

I have a ELinks mapping & script that automates saving a web-page
to text -- with two keypresses the HTML is converted to text and
automatically opened in Vim for editing & saving to an appropriate
location. Very handy, but this approach uses URI passing and %c,
which involves re-downloading the HTML source over the net.

When I don't have an internet connection and want to save a particular
page to text, what I do now is hit the key for "Save the current
document in source form", manually save it to a particular location,
then use `elinks -dump` to convert that file to text.

What I'd like to be able to do is pipe the source of an open page
through `elinks -dump` without an internet connection, and without
having to manually save it somewhere first.

Any thoughts on how to do this?

John

--
John Magolske