Hi all,

so to report a few updates regarding the driver:

* a new repository em28xx-new hab been created, this driver includes
the firmware and all other things in kernelspace.

* tvtime got patched to fix choppy alsa audio support for those
devices, there's a release available on mcentral.de. People with
unsupported ATI graphiccards might have noticed that tvtime doesn't
work with it, there is some experimental code on mcentral.de which
adds software rendering support to tvtime.

* eeePC updates, some vendors will release precompiled packages and
even better an easy to install graphical installer for some devices.

* a patched VLC version is avialable on mcentral.de which supports
alsa audio and em28xx based devices. As for people who want to use VLC
for streaming videos via the network, the alsa implementation might
need some work for it, that for oss could be used but I'm unsure if
OSS is well enough implemented at all in VLC, my experience with it is
that it always produces choppy audio after a while (doesn't matter if
it's VLC 0.9 or earlier versions).

* precompiled packages are available for ubuntu hardy, a dbus problem
has been identified which used to keep the videodevice open, thus it
wasn't possible to switch over to DVB. precompiled packages for other
distributions will follow.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/204578 (the packages are listed
at the bottom)

feedback mails etc. are again welcome on this mailinglist.

thanks,
Markus