John Hendy <jw.he...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 3:16 PM, Nick Dokos <nicholas.do...@hp.com> wrote:
> > John Hendy <jw.he...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> Good call. It comes up with that and is set to the above (Progra~1
> >> version) but is still saying command not found when I try C-c C-c on a
> >> babel block.
> >>
> >> Any debug methods?
> >>

> > edebug org-babel-R-evaluate-external-process and single step through it
> > perhaps? I would clean up .elc files and start a new emacs before trying
> > that just to makee sure that I have a clean slate. You might have to go
> > down to org-babel-eval as well and single step through that.
>
> Just did a fresh git clone and make via the updated non-gnu-tools
> method on worg.
>
> The above = `M-x edebug org-babel-R-evaluate-external-process`?
>
> I've never done this. When I do `M-x edebug TAB` I get various edebug
> completions but not it as a standalone command.

Oh, sorry: edebug is described in

(info "(elisp) Edebug")

The basics: visit ob-R.el, go to the org-babel-R-evaluate-external-process
definition and press C-u C-M-x. Then do whatever you were doing to get the
problem. It should stop at the function and you can single-step by pressing
SPACE. At strategic points, you can evaluate things with "e".

If you mess it up (and you probably will a few times), no problem: just try
again. And be patient!

Good luck,
Nick