Beautiful text, Monika! When I was a child (I was a very precocius
reader :) and read history of Rome and Greece. My favorite was the
history of Carthage and I was shocked how the city was erased and the
Romans threw salt in it to avoid the Carthagineses should build it
again.
These horrible fate of a city was a nightmare for me and I asked my
grandfather if our city could have the same fate and my grandfather
tranquilized me, it happened in the old times, nothing similar could
happen now.
But he was wrong and he wanted spare me the grief, of course.
I visited the city of Guernica in Spain some years ago and I tried to
imagine the eerie atmosphere of the city when the fascist bombs fell
over the city.
It was these atmosphere the thing Picasso tried to paint in his painture.
I searched the city of Guernica trying to evoke the day when the
city's heart was ravaged.
And what about the mourning today? It was a planted tree and a post
telling the day and the time of the attack. Nothing more.
Ana

--
http://writings-escrituras.tumblr.com/
http://maraya.tumblr.com/

cell Sweden +4670-3213370
cell Uruguay +598-99470758

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth
with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you
will always long to return.
— Leonardo da Vinci