Hi all,

Valerio from Maemo community and developer of Python-EFL based
Bluemaemo noticed that all EFL applications are broken with regard to
focus on Maemo5 (aka Fremantle) platform. Actually, lots of people
noticed it, but Valerio investigated the problem and solutions people
were using to solve it on other platforms and found a very descriptive
comment by Qt folks:

http://qt.gitorious.org/+qt-maemo-developers/qt/qt-maemo/commit/fbf22e64599b220cf95ca90d27d0eb6cdeaa91fe

// according to the ICCCM, the XSetInputFocus() should be optional for
non-modal windows
// see also
<http://mail.gnome.org/archives/wm-spec-list/2007-March/msg00001.html>
// seems like the Maemo5 WM is broken in that regard and always needs
an explicit
// XSetInputFocus() call.

So my suggestion is us to work around and add that to Ecore_Evas using
X backend.   We can even leave this always enabled as it will not
break the standard, as it says "optional".

Suggestions, opinions?

--
Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri
http://profusion.mobi embedded systems