Hi,

I have been using DR17 for over a year now, and I use it successfully on my
thinkpad t43 laptop in a corporate environment.

Works 99%, even with a dual monitor setup. Love the fact that the second
monitor I connect to my laptop acts as an independant desktop.

The only two issues I have is that since the last cvs build the screen lock
no longer accepts my biometric finger scan, so I have to manually type my
password to unlock, and also that any shelves created can't seem to exist on
the second desktop/monitor.

Knowing that a rebuild from CVS could break when I try to do an update
(which is a problem when trying to meet a deadline), I always keep a spare 4
gig partition to which I first mirror my base install, and then do the CVS
build on that. I can then happily dual boot between my stable build and the
new one, and once I reckon the new one is stable, I move it to my main
partition. Doing this had always allowed me to keep up to date without the
worries of breaking my system.

Personally I think DR17 is stable enough for daily use.