Scott Haneda wrote:

on 05/14/2004 04:41 PM, Mark Goodman at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Scott, it's not your vision. I have 20/20 vision and I also had to bump up
the font size so I could read it. 9 point anti-aliased type is just too
small to read on a 19" LCD display with a fixed resolution of 1280 x 1024.

Well, good to know it is not my vision going :-)
I just went and tried out a few other email apps to see how they all dealt
with this behavior, the 3 others I tested were able to show my nice plain
monaco 9.

I am just not willing to bump it up to 10 point, since it is still tough to
read and just looks blurry to me, for as much time as I spend in email, 9
point was always just right for me the way it was in the past.

As part of our switch to the ATSUI APIs, due to some limitations in ATSUI, we could not display non-anti-aliased Monaco with the correct spacing and also show anti-aliased text correctly. I tried very hard to find a way to do this, and talked to the ATSUI developers at Apple, but I couldn't come up with a solution. I don't know of any workaround.

Dan