Glad you enjoyed the visit to our coast.

Interesting that I'm reading your post, having seen your name for the
first time, maybe in the last two weeks. In fact, posted on a Flickr
dot com image of you up in a big hemlock. May be that I was just up
the north coast a bit from you, having driven to the redwoods in
October, as well as August and just 2 weeks ago or so.

Got some photos of a new mystery giant in the Orick / Redwood Creek
area. It's not an already discovered redwood. "Dog Soldier" seemed
like a good name for it. A tape wrap at DBH (which is shin high due to
a 9' drop in back) showed roughly 23' diameter. And it's about 9'
diameter at 175, soaring out of sight into the canopy.

Dark afternoon, had to scram. It will still be there in weeks ahead.

Nice sunset shot in your pics. At least you got some variety in the
weather. Good time to have traveled out west.

Cheers,

M. D. Vaden of Oregon