  1) Re: Plasma Boy's School of Charger Repair
        by "karmann_electric" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  2) Hybrid n body was RE: Setting up a Direct Drive
        by Jeff Shanab <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  3) Re: Cooling in cold climate
        by Osmo Sarin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  4) RE: Motor control for direct drive setup
        by Jeff Shanab <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  5) Re: pair of ev's on ebay...
        by Jim Coate <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  6) RE: Motor control for direct drive setup
        by "Chris Robison" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  7) Re: Cooling in cold climate
        by Victor Tikhonov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  8) Re: Setting up a Direct Drive
        by Lee Hart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  9) Re: links on evproduction.org wiki
        by Lee Hart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 10) CVT transmission for EV
        by [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 11) Re: Motor control for direct drive setup
        by "Philippe Borges" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 12) RE: Motor control for direct drive setup
        by "Pestka, Dennis J" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 13) RE: Motor control for direct drive setup
        by "Chris Robison" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 14) OT: Is this real
        by Tim Humphrey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 15) Re: Setting up a Direct Drive
        by "Paul G." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 16) From Electricmotorcycles.net : 1911 Electric Motorcycle
        by lyle sloan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 17) Re: OT: Is this real
        by Mark Hastings <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 18) Re: Motor control for direct drive setup
        by =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Jukka_J=E4rvinen?= <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 19) Re: OT: Is this real
        by lyle sloan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 20) Re: OT: Is this real
        by Mark Farver <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 21) Are these chargers any different?
        by Ryan Stotts <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 22) RE: Is this real
        by [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 23) An Electric Snowmobile? what a way to end the year!
        by Jim Husted <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 24) RE: Are these chargers any different?
        by "Don Cameron" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 25) Re: AC prop reductive charger; Isolation importance?
        by Lee Hart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 26) Re: links on evproduction.org wiki
Apologies go to the list for a hurriedly-posted excerpt from my blog.
As you might have guessed, it was about repairing the shipping damage
to a used PFC 20. Thanks again to John for blowing something up so I
didn't have to!  I'm learning more EVery day.  ;-)
Jay
www.karmanneclectric.blogspot.com

In this hybrid thought experiment, the ICE stays running.
  That provides vacuum for the brakes, the power steering, heat and Air
conditioning and most the power.  It is just that while pressing on the
gas pedal (and brake pedal) the electric helps out, my motor could
theoreticly(if I could behave) use less rpm's and shift earlier and the
milage would increase.  If I wanted to replace the power steering rack
with electric assist and write a good skip-fire subroutine, I could do
even better.
  In a sister grand am I put two such motor set-ups, one for each axle
and rip out the ICE, this gets the full sized battery pack, electric
heat and electric assisted brakes(my next invention) and electric Power
steering.

The key to this idea is that I could make a drop in hybrid kit for
people with GM n-body cars.

 Siemens must have low/high
temperature specs for the cooling water you can use as a reference.

Siemens gives max temp 55 celcius, but no minimum temperature mentioned.

Osmo

14.12.2005 kello 19:46, Harris, Lawrence kirjoitti:

I would think that the controller might still overheat even at -30C if there
were no water flow. You might want to consider a variable speed pump so you
can slow the water flow if it's too cold and block the radiator in the
winter to keep the heat in or put a bypass valve in so you can remove the
radiator during especially cold days.  Siemens must have low/high
temperature specs for the cooling water you can use as a reference.

Lawrence